Thursday, January 22, 2009

I think I can! I think I can!


I've tweaked and I've tweaked but it still isn't quite right. Some folks are seeing this page with the left side/tags cut off, or the right side, or both. And I don't know how to fix it. Sigh... should have just used one of those cute backgrounds on The Cutest Blog on the Block's website! Instead I followed the instructions on their Blog Secrets page for making my own... except for the uploading it to photobucket at 2 megapixels as I couldn't figure out how to do it at any bigger than 1 megapixel which makes the image too small. So this background is hosted on my own website.

Yeah... OK, techno stuff you don't care about. But if someone is reading this who DOES know what I'm talking about and can help PLEASE tell me!


So anyway, seeing the cover of The Little Engine That Could reminded me of my favorite books when I was a kid. Goodnight Moon, The Pokey Little Puppy and Corduroy were my absolute favoirtes. And I had my mother's Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes Book which I read from every night before bed. What were your favorite children's books? Did any of them have an impact on your adult life? For me that Little Engine's mantra is one that still helps me get through challenging tasks!

What ever your day my bring: YOU CAN!!! And if you have doubts, go hug a teddy for some reassurance and feel good-ness!

3 comments:

FenBeary Folk said...

Hi Daphne, I have just awarded you a blog award, I know you have not been blogging long but thought you deserved one
Huggies
Sue xx

Daphne Towle said...

Thank you, Sue!!!! :o)

Laura Lynn said...

Hi Daphne! Love the teddy watermark photo on your blog! I do think that it is ridiculous that there are so many screen resolutions (thus so many ways a website is viewed) Why didn't they just pick one???

My favorite books when I was real little were Dr. Seuss books. When I got a little older it was Nancy Drew. I don't think I got much older than that - the only books I read now are mysteries!